Subject: Re: Install problem
To: NetBSD/arm32 list <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony Hilton <ajh@tinshill.f9.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/21/2001 21:56:51

In <URL:news:local.netbsd> on Mon 21 May, Dave Daniels wrote:
> The only thing I would say it that sysinst seems to leave you with
> 'rc_configured' in /etc/rc.conf set up as 'rc_configured=NO'. I think that
> you will find that the learning curve has suddenly become a vertical wall
> if you are not sure how to progress after you reboot as you end up having
> to mount things by hand before you can edit rc.conf.

Do I also need to unzip the RAMdisc image? (I guess from Dave Daniels'
response maybe not). Where should the unzipped files reside on the hard disc
(relative to the bootloader) to use them succesfully?

Any hints welcomed before I find myself with a NetBSD system I can do nothing
with! Thanks for the warning Dave.

Anthony Hilton

--
ajh@tinshill.f9.co.uk