Subject: Re: ohci overuns
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/18/2001 10:57:20
The scheduling overrun interrupt can only occur when the OHCI controller
determines that it cannot complete its periodic tasks within the  1 ms time
frame.  While this can technically happen, you would have to have heavy
isochronous (e.g. audio) traffic for it to occur.
If there are no USB devices connected it cannot happen.  With no audio
running I cannot see how it could happen.
So if it happens, there's a bug somewhere.  In the chip or in the driver.
Having written the driver, I'll blame the chip. :-)

    -- Lennart