Subject: Re: Wakefield show
To: None <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Steve Potts <stevepotts@blastzone.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/17/2001 12:59:24
Guys,

We know about the problem with the web host.  Could not have happened at a
worse time for us.  In terms of directions to the show, we should have the
yellow AA signs up from the motorway junctions.

Personally I favour M1 junction 40, although if travelling from south,
Junction 39 can be okay as well.  Junction 40 is more direct I have always
felt.

Quick directions are leave junction 40 (if from the north then turn first
left off the big roundabout) onto A638 heading east.  The AA signs probably
show a right turn *a little way after* (go straight thru the traffic lights)
the petrol station on the left.  There is a chippy on the corner of the road
which you would turn right into (broadway), then down to the bottom and turn
left.  Keep going along here until you see Thornes Park on the right.  The
road meanders a bit, so don't turn off.

It may be easier though, not to take broadway and to stay on the A638 into
town as far as the church and then loop around the church to your right
(U-Turn) and then thornes park will be on the left shortly afterwards (on
A642).

--
StevePotts@blastzone.demon.co.uk (http://www.blastzone.demon.co.uk/)

Visit the Wakefield RISC OS computer show (19th /20th May 2001), see :
http://www.wacg.org.uk/show/ for details