Subject: Re: Wakefield CD
To: David Forbes <david@flossy.u-net.com>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/30/2001 20:51:17
On Tuesday 24 April 2001 11:01 pm, David Forbes wrote:
> > 1.5.1 build - in whatever state it's at that point should be late beta or
> > release
> > Also Xsrc build against 1.5.1 (will probably be xfree86 v3.3.6 based, as
> > we don't do 4.0.x on arm)
>
> Hmm.  Silly question, but do we have an idea of what needs to be done to
> get 4.0+ going?  I'm thinking that if we don't do this, sooner or later
> we're going to get left behind.

I'm not sure, but the backend drivers have changed, and work is needed there
anyway to support the wscons stuff that reinoud has done, so perhaps it's an
opportunity to look into moving to 4.

However I don't think that 3.3.6 will disappear for a long time, it works and
is known to work, 4 works for the most part.

Chris