Subject: Re: tlp and CATS
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/12/2001 11:01:22
On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Allen Briggs wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 06:39:20PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> > I know that, in theory, any MI PCI driver should work on the CATS. How
> > true is this is practice?
>
> I don't know how true it is for the CATS, but I've fixed bugs both in
> drivers and in the machine-dependant PCI implementations to get some
> cards to work on a PowerPC box.  Some cards just worked fine "out of
> the box."

I think it's probably very true. The CATS config is _far_ from generic
with only a couple of SCSI cards and network cards enabled. It's also got
hardwired limits on the max number of processes. It looks very much like
'these are the ones we've got working', hence my trepidation in trying a
different driver.

Even the floppy doesn't work from 1.4 onwards...

--
Stephen