Subject: Re: tlp and CATS
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/11/2001 18:39:20
On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Mike Pumford wrote:
> > I've commented out the de* line and uncommented the tlp* line and the
> > TLP_MATCH lines in my config file. The kernel produced recognises the tlp0
> > device but complains:
> >
> > tlp0: Unable to configure MII
> > tlp0: no media found
> >
> Have you got MII/PHY support in your kernel? The stock CATS kernel has
> support for some of these devices but not all of them. You can search
> for MII in the kernel config file.

There doesn't appear to be one corresponding to the tlp driver. But yes,
I've uncommented them all just in case.

The driver obviously works on other ports (did a search through the
mailing lists for similar problem, but found nothing).

I know that, in theory, any MI PCI driver should work on the CATS. How
true is this is practice? Should I be able to use any support SCSI or
ethernet card?

--
Stephen