Subject: Re: port-arm32/8765 Ether[NIH] card support (was: Existing PRs)
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/31/2001 21:24:46
On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> > > Last time I checked, the IOMD IRQ handler completely ignored those fields,
> > > which is why podulebus_irq_establish() doesn't bother filling them in.  My
> > > recommendation would thus be to do the same unless you have a good reason
> > > to do otherwise (in which case, I want to know about it).
> >
> > They look to be used in poduleirqhandler, but only if something has gone
> > really wrong with the IRQ handling.  This is why I asked, as I noted that
> > some drivers don't set them any more. (eg the dev/podbus/if_ie.c doesn't,
> > while the arm32 one does)
>
> Hmm, I wonder if that explains why I get panics with the new if_ie
> (aka if_ei) driver in dev/podulebus...

What kind of panics?  As you might expect, the driver works for me.  I'd
be most surprised if the lack of the interrupt mask bits was having any
effect.

Incidentally, the new ea/eb drivers seem a bit dodgy when dealing with
80C04s (as found on EtherBs, usually).  I'm pursuing the bugs with a big
mallet as I find time.