Subject: Re: Netwinder status
To: None <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/29/2001 19:42:13
In article <4.3.2.7.2.20010329083848.023288d8@3am-software.com> you write:
>At 01:24 PM 3/29/2001 +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>>I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the source to their boot rom is
>>on their website. Are you planning to add a.out support to it, or are
>>you going to move straight to ELF ?
>
>I'd like to move straight to ELF if there was a compiler toolchain for
>NetBSD that did ELF.

Well, there _is_ one, it's just lacking a few features.  For building arm32
kernels, I think the only change left to make (and test) is putting the
structure alignment back the way it used to be.  This is a trivial change,
but I'm rather busy on other things right now.

I'm reluctant to commit my changes to the NetBSD tree, though, since tv
still hasn't declared gnu/dist/toolchain to be open for business.