Subject: Re: Netwinder status
To: None <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/29/2001 09:16:38
At 01:24 PM 3/29/2001 +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

> >I've been looking into at how hard it would be to support the netwinder
> >"office" (not the rackmount) machines.  After looking at the netwinder
> >specific linux code, the answer seems to be: not very.
>
>I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the source to their boot rom is
>on their website. Are you planning to add a.out support to it, or are
>you going to move straight to ELF ?

I'd like to move straight to ELF if there was a compiler toolchain for
NetBSD that did ELF.

But there does seem to be limited a.out support in nettrom.  Might as
well see if I can use otherwise I'll objcopy the a.out kernels to ELF.

The worst part of the Netwinder is in the pcibus_attach_hook, I have to
"init" most of the PCI devices since the boot rom doesn't do it.  Sigh.