Subject: Existing PRs
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/28/2001 23:57:15
Hi,

I've just been reading through the current list of arm32 PR's and was
wondering how many of them are still valid?  Some of them are very old now,
I'm listing the ones I think we can do some action on, or need reproing and I
lack hardware.

Note that I plan to slowly work through them at some point (mainly some that
people don't see 2-3 year old pr's with nothing happening and realise it is
worth submitting pr's :)

Using:
http://www.netbsd.org/Gnats/category/port-arm32.html
as reference point.

port-arm32/8342[open sw-bug] - Files missing for a 1.4/1.4.1 install on a
RISC PC
I think this one should be closed, we now include the loader in 1.5 (it was
noted at the epsom show that it wasn't there by default, david brownlee fixed
that)  The comments on the prep file are duplicates of 8786 and 8787

port-arm32/8564[open sw-bug] Kernel forgets that it is ptracing a process
AND (these two are medium, serious)
port-arm32/7122[open sw-bug] Breakpoints lost under heavy swapping
AND
port-arm32/8156[open sw-bug] step/next in gdb do not work
Can anyone confirm if these problems are still happening IE should I dig out
my old 8MB simm and see if I can repro/track down the issue.

port-arm32/12119[open change-request] - Due to the addition of UBC more
kernel VM space is needed
I think this can be downgraded, it's no longer critical as Reinoud did some
VM map rearranging.

port-arm32/6200[open sw-bug] - video intialization of Shark Rev 5
CyberPro2010 chip
can someone confirm this is still a problem, I thought shark was now on
wscons?

port-arm32/11297[open sw-bug] getting Error Messege "No reference to
__DYNAMIC "
I suspect this is an ELF related thing in that linux uses elf?  not sure on
the course of action, I'll try to find time to repro it.

port-arm32/8765[open change-request] EtherN/EtherI card support + EtherH
media Support
I believe MikeP had a better patch for this:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm32/2001/02/03/0016.html
Submit the code?

port-arm32/8924[open sw-bug] port-arm32: use of Cumana SCSI II crashes system
Can anyone with one of these confirm it still crashes?

port-arm32/11319[open sw-bug] libcrypto spooge
This must have been fixed by 1.5 release, or it'd not have built

port-arm32/8484[open change-request] rewrite of Acorn ASC SCSI driver
Submit? or has richard got a newer version?

port-arm32/11076[open sw-bug] arm32 MAKEDEV does not create device files for
footbridge com
submit?

port-arm32/12155[open change-request] Add libarch support for flushing the
read buffer
Submit?

port-arm32/6084[open sw-bug] Problem with XF86 DGA extension on Shark
Can someone confirm if this still happens (the PR is nearly 3 years old...)
That said there's PR 6973 which says the cats X server never got committed?

port-arm32/8152[open change-request] CATS kernel does not support "opms" old
PS/2 mouse device
Is this still needed?

port-arm32/12363[open change-request] Minor performance tweak to bcopy_page.S
I thought this went in?  or was it only part of it?

Cheers,
Chris