Subject: Re: web pages changes
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/27/2001 00:07:43
On Monday 26 March 2001  1:07 pm, Ben Harris wrote:
> In article <01032509041502.00380@pinky.paradox.demon.co.uk> you write:
> >Looks like someone has been updating them again (or redesigned it again :)
>
> It happens.

Indeed :)

> >Any objections if I update the page with the following changes:
> >Remove the Mail the NetBSD/arm32 port maintainer link, as such we don't
> >currently have an active master
>
> Not sure.  Mark is still officially doing the job, and it seems rude to
> actively remove references to him.  Better to work on splitting off the
> sub-ports so that arm32 doesn't contain anything to contact him about.

True it is, but surely no more so than discussing a replacement when he's not
stood down? (note I'm not out to offend anyone)

> >(that's a point isn't it port-master not port
> >maintainer anyway?)
>
> The official phrase is "port maintainer".  "Portmaster" is what we (well,
> some of us) call ourselves.

That seems a bit ambiguous ports are often maintained by many people, eg
reinoid, richard (and many others) maintain things, whereas giving it as a
title seems wrong, port-master seems more appropriate, however this probably
isn't the forum to bring this up in really :)

Cheers,
Chris