Subject: Re: Sharable podulebus drivers
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/21/2001 11:26:49
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> Unfortunately, adding this driver seems to be causing my RPC to abort in
> irq_enter when (checking the SPL masks, I think).  One possibility is that
> this is related to the fact that I have both an Ether1 and an Acorn SCSI
> card on the same podule bus (and that both have to share the same irq
> entry).

Hmm.  Sounds possible (I've only got Ethernet cards on my podulebus at the
moment, but I've just found my stock of AKA3*s, so I'll stuff one of them
in soon.

podulebus_irq_establish shouldn't be doing anything very different from
any of the existing podulebus drivers, though.  One possible difference is
that the interrupt routines will return 1 if they handled the interrupt,
but I don't think that should break things.

> PS.  I also saw several instances of the following message, any idea what
> it means?
>
> 	TDR detected a short 0 clocks away

In theory, it means that the time-domain reflectometer has found a
short-circuit in the Ethernet cable very close to your card.  I get it out
of my Ether1 as well.  It seems to be harmless, and I might make the
i82586 driver ignore faults at zero clocks.  The Linux driver ignores them
already.