Subject: Re: WSCons testing....
To: Andy Wingate <xyzzy@ox.compsoc.net>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/21/2001 01:12:12
Hiya Andy,

sorry for this short reaction but i'll have to think about your long
reaction : thanks :) ... but some easy things first :

As of today, the sources are in the -current so you can build your own
kernel with RapIDE in it tomorrow! ... The delays you are talking about
when configuring are interesting... hmm... maybe the old one made the
area's bufferable or so ... will have a look at that later...

On the AKF85 issue, that was just for this kernel was compiled with an
AKF85 MDF ... so the kernel only knows these modes.... the current code
tries to match the current screenmode at startup with modes it finds in
its mode definition table for it needs more info than the bootloader can
provide.

So if you build a kernel of your own it is offcource not limited to AKF85
! ... The kernels are also build for ARM7 and have no SA specific
compilation options or whatever; that might also give an easy explanation.

> using "X1152 Y864 C256 F69."

a nice mode :)) do you have it for me ? I can use it on nice monitor here
but somehow never came to write a MDF for it ... (its a rare one :))...

> Out of interest, would it be worth adding "symtab" to the default
> command-line in fastboot? Especially as the symbol table is in all the
> kernels I've tried.

Yeah ... allthough it takes some space its a good idea yes.. I'll do it in
the next release ... I'm currently trying to get ELF kernel loading
working :)) so i'll be seeing that code for some days ... might be a good
oportunity to clean things up too ...

On the whole i would also like to implement hardware scrolling ... I even
noticed that the wscons kernel is *faster* in drawing stuff... only
scrolling is slower... but we'll see.

Cheers,
Reinoud