Subject: Re: broken bus_space_{read,write}
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/10/2001 21:24:53
At Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:21:00 +0000,
Chris Gilbert wrote:

> On Saturday 10 March 2001  2:57 am, IWAMOTO Toshihiro wrote:
> > I've noticed arm/mainbus/mainbus_io_asm.S is broken, and would like to
> > commit a fix something like below.
> > Are there any problem commiting this?
> > I greped mainbus_bs in arm32, and arm32 doesn't seem to use these
> > functions.
>
> It does indirectly, they're referenced via a table, see mainbus_bs_tag, which
> is referenced in arch/arm32/mainbus/pioc.c which is used in RPC's, which
> can't do half words.

I overlooked this.  Thanks.

I think the current arm/mainbus/mainbus_io_asm.S implementation
is a PIOC thing, but I'm not sure if there can be a sharable mainbus_tag.
For example for SA11x0's PCMCIA access, halfword access cannot be
substituted for byte or word accesses.

So, I'll stop using mainbus_bs_tag and use hpcarm/sa11x0/sa11x0_io* instead.

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro