Subject: Re: Link from netbsd.org to Wakefield show..
To: Reed Shadgett <aiko@antigone.net>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/06/2001 23:39:39
On Tuesday 06 March 2001 11:23 pm, Reed Shadgett wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 11:04:43PM +0000, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > Does it appear on the front page closer to the time
>
> Yup, April 1st it'll get pushed to the front page.

Hehe, april fools day :)

> > Is it worth noting that it's more an arm biased show than unix?
>
> That'd probably be a good idea.  Since, I assume, you're the one
> organizing the stand at the show, we could add some more details
> to the Wakefield entry including what's planned for the NetBSD
> stand, and about the show in general.  The entry is at:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/events.html#wakefield-2001

Yep, saw it on the events page :)

> Feel free to send in any additional details to me or www@netbsd.org.

Currently I'm not 100% sure what'll be there, but it should be something like
what was at the Epsom show last year.  I plan to be along with my RiscPC, and
i386 (as it has the CD burner in).  Probably be burning CD's of the then
latest stable release (potentially 1.5.1) along with a bunch of packages for
arm32.  I might even attempt to get the then current onto the CD aswell as
it's got better performance in some areas, the new bootloader etc etc.  For
once though I've more time to plan.  I just need to get the cycles in to
download/build things.

Also other people have volunteered to bring along an arm26 box, and possibly
an Ipaq, however nothing is definite on that front yet.

There's also rumours of some funky new hardware at the show (with a a risc-os
bias though)

I may even be giving a talk in the theatre on NetBSD (not confirmed that/been
approached)

However it is way way off so it could all change, so perhaps best to be
vague, saying something like, this is more an Arm biased show, Cd's of the
then stable tree will be on sale with some pre-built packages. :)

Thanks,
Chris