Subject: Re: Merge - part 2
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/24/2001 09:23:45
At 05:59 PM 2/24/2001 +0100, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
>Hi hi,
>
>Well i'm glad you found some critters around while testing my changes for
>at least they are cought now allready !! wierd though that the hpcarm
>didnt build for i did a `make depend' to check if every file was readable
>
>well part 2 offcource is to merge the `c' files.... esp. the `mainbus'
>code. This code really needs work i admit and Ben and I have discussed it
>a few times too ...

I'm starting to do the dnard fork work.  So I'm definitely interested.

>Then there is the point of what to call the directory where the shared
>stuff is placed ... i'd be for ../sys/arch/arm/arm32 for common stuff and
>../sys/arch/arm/armv4 or so for specific SA stuff; ../sys/arch/arm/armv3
>etc ... as proposed by someone (sorry i cant find it back :( ) on the
>port-arm32 list...

I've been making the assumption that arch/arm32/ofw moves into
arch/dnard/ofw instead of arch/arm/arm32/ofw (or arch/arm/ofw).
Of course, arch/arm32/shark become arch/dnard/dnard.

shark_sysctl in arm32/machdep.c will be moved into dnard.  Indeed there
should be no ifdefs for RISCPC, SHARK, OFW*, or FOOTBRIDGE/CATS in the
shared arm32 code.