Subject: RE: XScale Port of NetBSD
To: 'Unice, Kyle' <kyle.unice@intel.com>
From: Bruce Martin <brucem@cat.co.za>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/21/2001 20:44:35
Great to hear that all of you are involved in look at XScale going! Just to
clarify: Reinoud, in one of your mails you said "it wont be based on the
80312 chipset though ..." - doesn't the IQ80310 contain an 80312? What
hardware are you going to be developing on?

I agree that we should try get a StrongARM-ish version running, and then
enhance it. I would be keen to join the porting efforts. I have not been
involved in a port, but wrote an open source bootloader for the StrongARM
EBSA285 port, and have had quite a bit of experience with modifying the
kernel to include custom hardware of our own, extra buses etc.

Keep in touch, Kyle let us know what Intel says, and then we'll get going!

Cheers
 Bruce