Subject: Re: Net bootloader uploaded
To: Chris Cowdery <chris@cowdery.demon.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/20/2001 23:26:42
Hi Chris,

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Chris Cowdery wrote:
> The bootloader now works fine. The kernel boots. However, it seems
> to exceed the capabilities of my Acorn AKF60 monitor, and the picture
> gets broken. So I guess I need to roll my own version of the kernel.
> What do I need to update against the 1.5 release to make the new
> bootloader work.

Horaay !!! that means that that sorting solved that problem too ... and oh
yeah... this kernel uses the AKF85B monitor definition file :( ...  a bit
different i agree ... remember that 800x600 is still not posible...  the
current display doesnt understand it and its a bit wierd in hardware
scrolling too since 800x600 in 256C isnt a multiple of 4kb pages!

euhm... don't forget to get the ../sys/arch/arm32/riscpc/rpc_machdep.c
from -current to get the new bootloader support together with the
arm32/conf/{files.arm32,RISCPC} for the bootoption that allows both
bootloaders to be used...

Cheers,
Reinoud