Subject: Re: arm32 web pages
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/19/2001 19:24:24
On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:

: Hmm, so does that mean we could end up with:
: archimedes
: riscpc/A7000
: Dnard (shark)
: cats
: rc7500
: ebsa285

Well, almost.  We will end up with separate webpages for the arm32 subports
when they are separated (which will be happening soonish), although the
prospective split ports are a few less than what you've listed here--likely
more along the lines of "riscpc" (incl. a7000/rc7500), "dnard", and "ebsa"
(incl. cats).  Note that the archimedes already has its own port, which is
not going to merge with the other arm ports:  arm26.

: Seems an awful lot of webpages when they'll have mostly common code from the
: arm dir?

Perhaps, although several groups of these machines are radically different
in booting and install methods, which is the primary purpose of separate
ports (and separate webpages).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/