Subject: Re: kernel won't build on arm32
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/17/2001 22:52:18
On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

> Just testing the compile of arm32 before i commit my bootloader (with old
> bootloader compatibility ;) )..... i noticed that the source from -current
> fetched at cvs.netbsd.org won't link ...
>
> It seems that it doesn't link the libkern ... all kinds of `_strncmp',
> `_scanc', `_strcpy', `_ntohs' etc....
>
> Is this the bug you were talking about that didnt allow the libkern to be
> build correctly ? Can you either commit it soon or send me a patch?

Erm, the only problem I can remember there was fixed by
sys/lib/libkern/Makefile rev 1.58.  What does your kernel build say after
"making sure the kern library is up to date..."?  What happens if you rm
lib/kern/*.o first?

Builds work fine for me, and neither of the changes in my tree should have
made any difference to this.