Subject: Re: Heads-up: Unified libkern
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/16/2001 21:29:00
Hiya Ben,

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Ben Harris wrote:
> I'd suggest setting up a cross-compilation environment.  My 300MHz G3
> takes about 25 minutes to build an arm32 GENERIC kernel, and that's with
> the L2 cache turned off.  There's a cross-arm-netbsd package in pkgsrc, or
> if you feel like making your bootloader support ELF, I could bundle up the
> patches I'm currently using...

Sounds good allthough i had serious trouble getting the sparc cross
compiler to work last time; it kept getting stuff from i386 :(( ... so i
am a bit hmmm... unless this one works !!! :))

The last one i used for arm32 really only could build a kernel, all
userland stuff was broken ... and building a boot disk was imposible ...
all kinds of wierd errors....

Cheers,
Reinoud