Subject: Re: New bootloader
To: Chris Cowdery <chris@cowdery.demon.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/12/2001 21:29:46
'evening Chris,

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Chris Cowdery wrote:
> > So maybe its something else. Hmm... can you give me some more details
> > about it ? i.e. what machine? what version of the bootloader? (the
> > newest?) or run the !BtNetBSD just when booted?
>
> Machine - SA110 200MHz, 1x32MB SIMM, 2MB VRAM
> You get the identical error when running the bootloader by double-clicking
> after a normal RISC-OS boot or by a minimum boot (SHIFT+RESET)
> It's RISC-OS 3.7

Hmm.... 3.7 should work ok as far as i know ... can you capture and send
me the information the bootloader prints out? (*spool?) i.e. the DRAM
modules found etc? and the physical memory blocks it finds.... have you
checked if the physical memory blocks it finds equal (about) the size of
your wimpslot?  Have you tried a bigger Wimpslot ?

> Could it be because I've got one SIMM, not two?

This shouldnt matter really... it gets reported as 2*16Mb or as 1*32Mb,
but i dont think thats the problem...... hmm... the printout will show :)

> Version of BtRiscBSD is 08:26:56 01 Feb 2001, size 28619 bytes

kAs you might have read there is a new version out from today; there might
have been a bugfix in the meantime that covers it.

Cheers,
Reinoud