Subject: Re: "failed to map ubc_object" panic on CATS (Re: IDE Breakage in 1.5:
To: None <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/2001 01:40:50
In <20010209054315.A15300@spathi.chuq.com>
chuq@chuq.com wrote:

> PAGER_MAP_SIZE is already kinda small on arm32, but you could try
> reducing it from 4MB to 2MB and see if that will let you boot.

I tried with PMAP_STATIC_L1S=32, but it still does not work.
I'll try with PAGER_MAP_SIZE=2MB.

> reducing the number of bufs is probably a better way to go,
> but I don't know how many bufs you have now.

From console dump:

---
NetBSD 1.5R (DIAMANTE) #230: Sat Feb 10 00:26:59 JST 2001
    tsutsui@diamante:/usr/src/sys/arch/arm32/compile/DIAMANTE
total memory = 98304 KB
avail memory = 87588 KB
using 307 buffers containing 5016 KB of memory
---

BTW, how many buffers are recommended on UBC?

> the best option would be to enlarge the kernel's address space,
> but that's also the most complicated.

Sure.

> how can I acquire one of these CATS doodads?
> if I had one then I could help fix these kinds of problems...

I bought it from Simtec Electronics in U.K. about two years ago.
http://www.simtec.co.uk/
The cost for motherboard with 32MB DIMM was ukp350
and shipping to Japan cost ukp20. Credit card or TT
was acepted for payment.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp