Subject: New bootloader update
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/12/2000 16:38:53
Hi All,

Stephen Borril posted the following :
> I've been trying to use the new bootloader on a RiscPC and cannot get past
> "Help! non contigunous (sic) relocate area". I've tried different
> memory configurations, loading it early in a boot sequence, loading other
> Apps first, etc. I've not had the problem on an NC or an A7000.

This check is a sanity check i've included to make sure all goes OK for
the machine code is depending on it to be one piece. (sorry for the
spelling error... will be fixed)

I've updated the bootloader so that this very rare situation wont spoil
things anymore. It should now run it OK ...

Also i've made some cosmetic changes like automatic restart in a few
seconds etc... so it now the machine can be restarted remotely (when your
processor wont hang :* ... i'll look at that reboot stuff later when i'm
back ... has been around far too long allready)

The new release is the bootloader, a RiscPC kernel, an A7000 kernel and
the new rpc_machdep.c in the /pub/NetBSD-test-20001212 directory of
ftp://130.89.65.13/ but i've only updated the bootloader archive but
included the rest for sanity.

Well ... try it out :)) I'm so pleased that it boots an NC now too ... wow
... groovy! ...

I wont have access to my RiscPC for a while (holiday season etc...) so
i'll follow the list but i cant work on the code :(( *snif*

so ... i would really appreciate if you all have great ideas to implement
when i do have access again :)

Cheers,
Reinoud