Subject: Re: TODO list
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Bill Arbaugh <waa@cs.umd.edu>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/24/2000 17:09:54

> One of the things that might be on the list is a replacement of the RiscOS
> bootloader. Not that it is that bad, not at all, but more that its then
> possible to have a uniform bootloader across all NetBSD/arm32. My idea was
> f.e. to look if its posible to use the NetBSD/arm26 bootloader and modify
> it so it will load NetBSD/arm32 on the RiscPC too. The idea behind this is
> that it is then not nessisary to have Risc/RC7500 to migle and set up a
> lot of TLB's etc when the kernel is allready running.

I'm considering developing a bootloader for the ebsa-285. As a first stab,
I started to look at blob which is a linux bootloader for SA-1100's.  I
don't think it would serve as a generic loader, but it has some nice
features (http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/lartware/blob/), and it should be
very difficult to change it to load a netbsd kernel.

Bill