Subject: Re: ARM32 MBR?
To: ep71 <ep71@bcs.org.uk>
From: Neil Hoggarth <njh@kernighan.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/18/2000 22:11:38
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, ep71 wrote:

> While I'm here, does there exist such a thing as MBR code for arm32?
> Or do all arm32 platforms load up the booter some other way?

No, there is no such thing as an "MBR" on NetBSD/arm32 systems. The disks
don't have "fdisk" style partitions, either.

Bootloading works different ways on different supported platforms within
the arm32 family: RiscPCs use an application which runs under RISC OS, the
firmware on a CATS board can find a kernel on an FFS filesytem and load it
(I think the situation on a Shark is similar, but I don't know from direct
experience).

Regards,

Neil.