Subject: Re: is it possible to run Wine or Enlightment on arm32 ?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Glenn Todd <g.todd@internet.co.nz>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/26/2000 19:36:50
In message <20000425174755.A1169@jtb20b.quns.cam.ac.uk> you wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 05:36:14PM +0200, Richard PLOIX wrote:
> > hello,
> > is there someone who has running WINE OR Enlightment on arm32 NetBSD-1.4.1
> > or up?
> > thank's.
> > bye.
>
> Well, it's definitely not possible to run Wine - it runs x86 binaries
> straight, with no emulation, and 'just' reimplements the Windows API. I
> can't say about Enlightenment (my NetBSD installation doesn't have an X
> server at the moment), but Sawmill (http://sawmill.sourceforge.net/ I
> think) is a much nicer window manager anyway...
>
> HTH,
>
> Jules

Richard

FVWM compiles from pkgsrc and works well.  I have been using this for
some time. FVWM is very user configurable and you can run Gnome apps
under this window manager.  I have been relunctant to move to
Enlightenment as I feel that the overheads of this window manager may
mean that it may not perform as well as FVWM.

--
Glenn Todd
New Zealand