Subject: NetBSD on Psion 5
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew McMurry <andrew.mcmurry@astro.uio.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/17/2000 15:28:29
If anyone is interested in working on NetBSD for the Psion 5, then
here is some information that would be useful.

a) I have some source code.  It doesn't do much, and hasn't been
tested as I had major problems with the boot loader, and haven't got
around to doing anything more now a newer boot loader is available.
But it is a start.

b) The Linux for ARM 7110 people (http://www.calcaria.net/) have a
boot loader.  This works for booting Linux, and is available in binary
form, so that an EPOC development system is not required.

c) The EPOC development system is only available to registered EPOC
developers.  HOWEVER, registration is now FREE
(http://www.symbiandevnet.com/admin/whatis.html).

d) Some hardware info is available on the ARM web site describing the
ARM 7110.  This is what I have used so far.  Other hardware info may
be extractable from Psion or discovered by reading the ARMLinux7110
code.

e) My computers (apart from the Psion 5) are somewhere between Oxford
and Oslo care of Pickfords Removals, and have been for too long.
Until they arrive here I cannot provide the source code mentioned in
(a).

f) Once my computers have arrived, and I have got around to getting a
box for my CATS system (the old one has been taken over by an AMD K6
system), I would be happy to put more work into the port, especially
if others can help out.

	Andrew