Subject: Re: smartcard slot.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/01/2000 19:37:03
On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Herb Peyerl wrote:

> has anyone ever done anything interesting with the Shark smartcard
> slot?  I just tried to turn on some cards I have and I always end
> up getting:
>
> 	 ERROR_ATR_T3  /* timer T3 expired */
>
> I'm wondering if it's because the cards I'm trying are T1 protocol
> cards instead of T0 or??? I don't really know anything about this
> stuff, just screwing around.

The driver is really primitive, and only handles T0 (well, it only handles
a subset of what is needed for a T0 implementation as far as I can tell.)

I have been thinking about doing something with it for a long time (I have
actually started by writing a man page...) but I have given it a rather
low prio since there are not that many Sharks, and even fewer smart card
applications, so I was not sure if anyone else would use it (and I have
"real" smart card readers to play with...)

Hmm. But you shouldn't get that error... I'll take a look at it.

   /Krister