Subject: Re: Powertec card stops boot
To: Tony Beaumont <triffid@argonet.co.uk>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/07/2000 12:43:01
> I seriously wish someone would look at it / fix it. I'm running a small
> herd of SCSI devices from a Cumana SCSI card, several of which I need to
> use professionally.
>
> I don't need to use the SCSI side to run NetBSD, but I'm not prepared to
> unplug the SCSI card for the convenience of what would be, for me, mostly
> a hobby OS.
>
> Tony

Remove your scsi card; comment out the device line (you may want to remove
all the scsi entries) from the RISCPC kernel description and build a
kernel without the driver.  Install your new kernel and then put your scsi
card back in.  Without the driver in the kernel, it will never try to
access the card.

Richard.