Subject: Re: upgrading shark firmware.
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/12/1999 03:24:47
> > but I think the filename you want is 'rom.DNA'.  If you 'net-flash' the
> > wrong file, then you will most certainly lose.
>
> yeah.  read the mailing list archives to find the caveats about this.
> (turn any boot file name you have set up in your bootp/dhcp daemon
> OFF, and check the bootp/dhcp reply's boot file and the shark's
> behaviour with tcpdump to make sure you're getting the right image

Feh. I just verified that "boot net" would reliably boot netbsd_netboot from
/tftpboot (as per DHCP), then put copies of rom980225.img in /tftpboot named
_both_ rom.DNA and netbsd_netboot, so no matter what it loaded, it would get
the right bits.

"net-flash" worked like a charm. 1.4.1 happily netboots now, and I'm building
a few packages to stretch the shark's legs a little. Tomorrow I'll look into
setting up a local IDE drive for it.

Thanks to all of you for helping bring another NetBSD'd shark into the world!

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com