Subject: Re: XF86_S3V server for CATS.
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Daniels <Davedan@arcade.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/02/1999 18:32:06
  MB> So far I have not got other X servers running well. I have
  MB> run S3 accelerated servers but they have proved to be
  MB> unstable locking the entire machine. The SVGA server can be
  MB> build and run in generic VGA mode but again I have suffered
  MB> lockups when trying to get acceleration going so I need to
  MB> do more investigation.

I am a little worried by this. At the moment I am upgrading my
CATS to NetBSD 1.4.1. What you have said implies to me that there
are serious problems with running an X server on the CATS at the
moment. Is this assumption correct? Should I forget about trying
to get X running for the time being?

Dave Daniels
--
    ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___   |  Free Internet E-mail and Usenet News  |
|  /   \/   \/   \/   \/   \/   \  | +44 20 8654 2212 +44 20 8655 4412/1811 |