Subject: Intel EtherExpress (82557/8/9)
To: 'port-arm32@netbsd.org' <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <brucem@cat.co.za>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/27/1999 17:03:59
Does anybody out there have any experience at using the abovementioned =
PCI network cards in an arm32 (pref. 21285-based or EBSA285)? We have =
successfully been doing NFS boots with other network cards (eg NE2000 =
and DEC), but when we plug this card in, it seems to start the NFS boot =
(does 2 or 3 DHCP requests?), but hangs up very quickly. We have used =
more than one network cable, so that is not the issue. Also, when we try =
to boot off disk with this network card in, the disk also hangs up very =
quickly, but with a DEC network card or NE2000, the disk boots up fine. =
Anybody had any similar or more successful experiences with this Network =
card?

Thanks
 Bruce