Subject: About the compilation error (sorry) + pmap errors
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/23/1999 16:57:07
Hi,

I just posted about the compilation-error.... well I've got to FIRST look
to the source and THEN post about it. It was the ARM700 bug track
switch...

The reason I included the switch were some very bad crashes with my old
kernel under load (compiling a kernel, deletting an old sourcetree and
untarring a big tar-file)....

It was a sup'ped at 21/22 aug. from NetBSD-release..... It paninc'd during
the NetBSD coredump in a panic (never saw a `core') and continued to print
the a few lines telling it had to do with `pmap' and a lot of `ipl' (?)
lines...

More details later (I wrote it down somewhere, but can't find it right
now). That's why I compiled my kernel, to include the kernel debugger and
the pmap debugging code anyway :-(

Cheers,

Reinoud