Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD/arm32 on a standard RiscPC 700
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: John Wright <juggler@oaktree.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/19/1999 20:52:25
On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 08:47:07PM +0200, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> > Any chance of an install kernel that works with ARM 7s?
>
> But it does work for ARM 7's; the name was choosen cause it manifested
> itself with ARM6's first... as far as I know it's the same kernel I have
> as backup kernel. Don't forget to unzip it first :-))
>
> Success, and if it really doesn't run, I've got a working version for you,
> could even build one with your ethernet interface turned on if you want?

Well.  It nearly works.  It stops when it would start mounting my discs.
If I try single user mode it will stop when I hit enter after being
asked the single user question (forgot what it is now).

Does it take long to compile kernels on an ARM7?  I've kinda shyed away
from the idea simple because of how long it would take.

I'm a bit lost now.  Is there a way of preloading the ramdisk-14.fs -
or actually using it?  Doesn't seem to be mentioned in the docs I've
looked at.

BFN, John
--
"coffee" may be a binary file.  See it anyway?