Subject: Installing NetBSD/arm32 on a standard RiscPC 700
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: John Wright <juggler@oaktree.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/19/1999 13:13:44
Hi,

I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.4 on my RiscPC 700 but I'm not getting very
far.

It's got an ARM 700, no FPA, an EtherB card in the network slot, 1Mb VRAM,
32Mb DRAM and a 1Gb harddisc as the only IDE device.

The problem is that both the netbsd.RPCINST and netbsd.RISCPC kernels do not
get further than the second bootstrap.  They don't panic, give me a prompt
or even display a cursor they just stop.

So.  I click boot with the kernel being loaded from the local ADFS disc.
The screen blanks to dark grey, the colours appear at the top of the screen,
the screen blanks to black and the white writing continues until the second
bootstrap.  Nothing happens.

Missing a configuration option?  Using the wrong kernel?  Need more info?

The system currently has NetBSD 1.1 on it (may even be 1.0) which loads fine
I just think it's time to upgrade it.  When the 1.4 kernels work I'll
overwrite the existing 1.1 stuff.

It starts booting from RISC OS 3.60 held in ROM.

BFN, John
--
"coffee" may be a binary file.  See it anyway?