Subject: Re: Shark, 2nd ether?
To: Mark Hayter <mdh@sibyte.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/18/1999 17:17:25
On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 08:08:18AM -0700, Mark Hayter wrote:

> PCI-UMI to "real" PCI or ISA-UMI to "real" ISA should just be a matter
> of wires and connectors. But the PCI spec calls for +-12V which does not
> exist in the shark, I don't know how many cards use it (I can't remember
> off hand what the ISA power requirements are but given its age it would
> not surprise me if it needed 12V too). An of course it would be hard to
> fit most pci/isa cards in the shark case.

Uh, yes, of course.

OTOH, at least ISA is extensible to a certain degree... so putting in
an external power supply for the 12V would be feasible.

Btw, did I mention PCMCIA?

Regards,
	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of