Subject: Re: egcs-1.1.2 and -fPIC
To: None <Simon.Levitt@uk.worldpay.com, port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/04/1999 12:55:42
On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 11:02:02AM +0100, Simon Levitt wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I decided to attempt to build egcs-1.1.2 on my NetBSD 1.4 system last
> night, and whilst the compliation seems to have completed successfully
> (I didn't hang around to watch it all!) when I try and compile position
> independant code (-fPIC) cc1 gives a warning about it not being
> supported.
>
> Having looked at the code, I've found the message in
> gcc/config/arm/arm.c:313 - what I'm wondering, not having time this
> morning to see if stuff worked (and now looking at the code and seeing
> it is just outputting the message), is whether the warning is making
> any difference on NetBSD/arm32, or if its aimed at RiscOS?
>
> I've looked over ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32 and can't see any
> obvious patches I shoud apply...

Oh, the diffs needed are _in the NetBSD cvs repository_. You'd need to
import egcs-1.1.2 on the vendor branch, then resolve any merging conflicts
manually.

Regards,
	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of