Subject: Re: RiscPC & Xserver testing
To: Timothy Coltman <tim@auroral.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Dave <dave@largesalad.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/07/1999 11:00:53
Timothy Coltman wrote:

> However, there does seem to be a bug of some sort in the keyboard
> handling code. Some of the keys produce the wrong characters when you
> press them. The set up seems to be geared towards a US keyboard
> (almost). The following is wrong:
>
> # (hash) produces \ (backslash)
> ~ (tidle) produces | (vertical bar)
> | (vertical bar) produces > (more than)
> \ (backslash) produces < (less than)
> ¬ (funny line) produces ~ (tilde)
> £ (pound sterling) produces # (hash)
> " (double quote) produces @ (at)
> @ (at) produces " (double quote)
>
> And the UK pound sign can't be reproduced at all!

Hi,
I had this problem and fixed it by putting a modified .Xmodmap in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/ and also in ~/. I will post a copy on the list when I
get back to my RiscPC.

I only modified the above list, meaning to go back and fix the capslock and
numeric keypad later, but it makes things much easier.

The only other problem I have seen is that mozilla now complains about (from
memory) 'Can't allocate color table entry' or similar and, although pages
appear to load, nothing is visible; but links on the (invisible)pages work!
This does not seem to affect Mosaic or anything else that I have used so far.

regards,
Dave.

--
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!

e-mail: dave@largesalad.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk/DJMsoft/