Subject: Re: Network cards
To: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/06/1999 20:01:24
> What are the recommended network cards to use in a CATS system running
> NetBSD ?

I have a D-Link ne2000-compatible PCI card in my CATS and it works well.

> I have tried both an old DEC card and an Intel EtherExpress PRO+ without
> much success. The system wouldn't boot at all with the DEC card and I get
> no throughput at all with the Intel one.

Last I heard the CATS firmware was very partial to PCI ne2000 type cards.

If you are trying to install by netbooting your CATS, then you probably are
running into this. Network support is much better once the netbsd kernel is
in control.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com