Subject: Re: RiscPC & Xserver testing
To: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/03/1999 03:21:50
On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 02:16:45PM -0700, Mark Brinicombe wrote:
> What doe people think is the best way to do this ?
> A single config file like XF86Config. command line options and a RiscOS
> MDF file. A simple config file + an RiscOS MDF file or something else ?
I vote for a unified config file with same/similar syntax as XF86Config.
Maybe with a sh/awk/perl/whatever skript that creates a basic version from
a RISC OS MDF.

> Good question. At the mo the translation table is compiled in. xmodmap
> should be able to change mappings.
Hmmm. I tried that with no success (with both Xvidc and Xvidc-1)
Probably related to this: My num-block keys don't work.
I've used xkeycaps (pkg) to create the keymappings as I'm used to with XFree86.
Hmmm, I think I have used it with Xarm as well, but I don' remember...

A bug(?!?):
Netscape (run from an other NetBSD box and piped through ssh) crashes Xvidc-1
quite reliable. :-( I have a buggy StrongARM if it matters.

I'll try to investigate that tomorrow - a remote "skill xdm" has just locked
up my RISC PC (still responsive to pings but I can't log in anymore) and I'm
too tired now.

BTW: Colours look much better with Xvidc-1 :-)
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.