Subject: Re: RiscPC & Xserver testing
To: Chris Cowdery <chris@cowdery.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/01/1999 13:43:45
On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Chris Cowdery wrote:

> >   Ok I am looking for a tester or two for a new RiscPC Xserver
>
> It seems to work OK for me. I just flashed it up, I haven't used it
> in anger yet. But KDE seems to run just fine.
>
> > Here are a few known problems ...
>
> > cannot switch out of X once running. Use kill <pid> to stop it or quit via
> > the WM.
>
> Console switching is _very_ useful. Will it get implemented?

Hmm,
  Was hoping this did not get used much ....

Actually initially I won't be implementing this. The reason being is that
the RiscPC will be moving to the wscons console code in the future. The
aim is got get a server working with the existing console and once that is
useable move on to getting wscons going. With wscons console switching
would be supported.

However if wscons looks like it will take longer that hoped to get going
(not sure how well multiple bitmaps consoles work in wscons) console
switch may be done for the exist console driver.
Alternatively a budding hacker amoungst the readership of this list may
like to have a go ...

Cheers,
				Mark