Subject: Re: -current kernels and ARM710
To: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/28/1999 02:43:07
On Fri, 28 May 1999, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

> I've downloaded the kernel and unzipped it, copied it to /netbsd, made
> sure I booted from the /netbsd kernel, booted .... and it froze at the
> same place :-( (...) it just say's mapping .... and dies completely, just
> like the `old' NetBSD 1.4 kernels I tried.

Hi,

Ok the VOYAGER-ARM710-TEST.gz has now been replaced with

ftp.netbsd.org:
/ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/test-kernels/VOYAGER-ARM610-TEST.gz

This kernels works fine for me on both ARM710 *AND* ARM610 (the 610
problem I could create).

If you can let me know if this helps.

Looks like I have narrowed the problem down to the setting on 1 bit but as
yet don't have an explaination as to the cause of the problem.
I will commit the workaround for the time being.

Cheers,
				Mark