Subject: Re: Problems installing NetBSD 1.4 on a RiscPC
To: None <xyzzy@ox.compsoc.net, port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Kaletsch <kaletsch@Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/24/1999 21:09:30
In message <4906F51ABD%xyzzy@ox.compsoc.net> you wrote:

> mydisk uid 0 on / : out of inodes
> / : create /symlink failed, no inodes free
>
> Could not open /etc/disktab

I had that problem too and solved it by just deleting some files on the
ramdisk (was just a lucky guess).

Then the install programm get's one stage further, it crashes when you try to
name your disk...

From that point on, I didn't get any further. Lately I have been trying o
install BSD with the 1.32 install kernel...which at least formated the HD!

Finally I tared the packages by hand on the HD and managed to install the
base package...

Now I just crashed the bit of system I had installed during the last days and
am serioulsy thinking of buying a PC as a Unix-machine!

* Martin Kaletsch                     *     This mail was written on an     *
* kaletsch@stud-mailer.uni-marburg.de ***************************************
* Kaletsch@mathematik.uni-marburg.de  *       pgp-key available             *
I've allies in heaven, I've commrades in hell...