Subject: Re: shocking speed performance!
To: None <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/20/1999 10:47:43
On Thu, 20 May 1999 10:06:47 +0200 (MET DST)
 kim@pvv.ntnu.no wrote:

 > A lot of people have worked long and hard just messing around with
 > uncompilable and wrong source code. A lot of people have worked at
 > fixes wich have been ignored. I have personally messed with GCC in
 > NetBSD ARM32, without getting anywhere. However, doing the same in
 > Linux is much more straightforward.

Wait... Linux on the arm32 or Linux on the Intel?  Considering that
the ARM-specific bits of GCC are basically the same for Linux or
NetBSD, you're either:

	(1) saying something that is not true, or

	(2) comparing ARM vs Intel compiler hacking (like DUH they're
	    going to be different).

 > NetBSD ARM32 had a good potential, wich was not fulfilled, due to
 > insufficiently available source code, etc.

What on EARTH are you talking about?  Full source code for NetBSD/arm32
is readily available.  I've been running my NetBSD/arm32 system from
NetBSD-current sources (_without local hacks_) for MONTHS (and months and
months).

 > People has left this project.

...and given your attitude, if you're one of them, "thank goodness."