Subject: Re: Installing 1.4 and Connect32
To: Martin Kaletsch <kaletsch@Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de>
From: Andrew McMurry <a.mcmurry1@physics.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/17/1999 12:31:05
> I booted into the install kernel okay, but then it is not possible to
> mount_filecore my SCSI drives. Everytime I try, the computer just freezes.
> The same happens when I try to mount my SCSI CD-ROM.

I can't help you here, but...

> Trying to get at the RISCOS partition on the IDE results in a "disk has no
> label".

This message does not mean that the mount has failed neccessarily.  If
you try to mount the whole disk using partition 'c', when there is
only a RISCOS partition on the disk, then you will get a message like
this even when the mount succeeds.

> The only thing I could mount was a DOS floppy (very helpfull), a ADFS floppy
> resulted in a "hard error".

The floppy driver does not support ADFS floppy formats.  If you put a
Filecore filesystem on a 1.4MB DOS floppy then it should be mountable.
Part of the problem here is that ADFS floppies have 1024 byte sectors,
while NetBSD only supports 512 byte sectors.  I have heard a rumour
that someone manged to get NetBSD to mount ADFS floppies by getting it
to think that each ADFS sector was two 512 byte sectors, but their
code has never been submitted to the NetBSD source tree.

	Andrew