Subject: Re: Diskless system - libc?
To: Bruce Martin <BruceM@cat.co.za>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/12/1999 23:34:19
	You can link them -static, which avoids all the ld.so and libs
	issue. If space is an issue you should probably look at using
	crunchgen, which avoids the extra copies of all the library
	functions.

	From the manpage:

     A crunched binary is a program made up of many other programs linked to-
     gether into a single executable.  The crunched binary main() function de-
     termines which component program to run by the contents of argv[0].  The
     main reason to crunch programs together is for fitting as many programs
     as possible onto an installation or system recovery floppy.

	If you look in ~src/distrib/... you can fidn some examples of
	crunchgen usage (maybe ~src/distrib/sparc/ramdisk.sysinst)

		David/absolute

 -=-  "I know its not the right thing, and I know its not the good thing"  -=-