Subject: Re: X
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/26/1999 12:35:55
On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>
> : I just did a "make build install" in xsrc, but didn't get some programs
> : installed:
>
> The Shark server is not in xsrc (yet?).  This is partly because Mark wanted
> to redo the Acorn server to use XF86.  The backshot of this is that building
> X sets for arm32 probably won't be very useful.

I think Chris originally had some reasons about not merging the shark x
server patches but I don't remember.

The Acorn server will not actually use the XF86 code as it will be
basically a frame buffer type server and will sit in the hw/netbsd/
directory.
I do have some XF86 stuff though for CATS boards.

I plan to build the xsets minus the Xserver i.e. a client build and I plan
on having a new set of patches against the 1.4 xsrc tree for the servers
which I will build separately. These will then get merged into the xsrc
tree but this will not happen before 1.4

> Yes, I can probably see if I can forward-port the patchball I have and get
> it in.
I beleive that the shark patches no longer cleanly apply and will need
to be applied manually etc.

Cheers,
				Mark