Subject: Re: RiscPC EtherH(ne) driver enhancements.
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/23/1999 12:19:32
On Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 08:31:09PM +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
> I have an updated version of the driver for the i-cubed EtherH which supports
> media selection through the standard NetBSD ifconfig media interface. The
> patches are available from http://www.black-star.demon.co.uk/files/ne.patch
BTW: You gave us the wrong URL :-) (missing .gz).
> which should be applied in the sys/arch/arm32/podulebus/.
I've tried it on a 10BaseT network:

startup ok, (media autoselect (10baseT))
ifconfig ne0 media 10baseT - still ok
ifconfig ne0 media 10base2 - device timeouts (Ok, since I don't have cheapernet)
ifconfig ne0 media 10baseT - device timeouts (???)
ifconfig ne0 media autoselect - work's again
ifconfig ne0 media 10baseT - still ok

Except for 10baseT, media selections seems to work.
NIC is an EtherLan600A (EtherH IIRC) in a StrongARMed RiscPC.
Patched against 1.4Beta, sources ~1-2 days old, no rejections.

Bye,
  Thilo.
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.