Subject: Re: Shark DHCP swap changes between 1.3.1 and 1.4-alpha?
To: David G Andersen <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
From: Mark Hayter <mdh@sibyte.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/15/1999 09:47:38
The DEC DHCP code didn't make it in to NetBSD in time (lawyers :-( ).

I had problems when upgrading last year, mainly because I was using
different machines for dhcp and nfs and the new syntax did not accept
<ip-addr>:/path. My quick summary of the NetBSD code is:
-- The bootfile specified in filename is tftp-ed from the next-server
   (which defaults to the DHCP server machine if not mentioned in
dhcp.conf)

-- When the kernel has booted and nfs mounts its root filesystem then
   if the (option) swap-server is set it is used as the nfs server
   otherwise the next-server is used.

The new code does not do swap.

Mark